Our trip to Shaver Lake last weekend was lovely. We stayed in a beautiful 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom, 3 story house in the beautiful mountains of Shaver Lake. The kids had their own living room so we rarely saw or heard from them except for the occasional plea for food. Our bedroom was incredible and now I know what kind of house I would build if I could. All 18 of us gathered to scatter Uncle Bryan's ashes and it was extra special since Aunt Joann is scattered there too. After a very adventurous ride in the funmobile down the road to the lake (I use the term road very loosely here), Alyssa and Marcus read some scriptures and those who wanted to could scatter the ashes into the lake. Afterward we sang Amazing Grace. It was a very touching simple ceremony that we were able to share together. Feeding 18 people at once is another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment