Sorry we haven't posted in so long. We were busy with Thanksgiving, Christmas, chickens laying eggs, Breanna's birthday, you name it. Now all of that is over, except for the egg laying, and we're getting back to a normal routine. The chickens are all laying everyday so we get about 5 eggs a day and we finally filled an egg carton from Costco. The kids have been eating eggs alot more and Marcus has discovered omlets. Our Americana chickens are laying green eggs and our black chickens are laying white eggs. They look so pretty in the carton and they taste so yummy. We finally had to pen up our chickens because they were destroying our backyard and trying to fly over the fence. One of them did managed to fly over the fence and the neighbor's dog thought lunch had arrived in his backyard. She was attacked by the dog but managed to escape. The only thing she lost were her tail feathers. I'm not sure if chickens have any pride or if they are smart because that same chicken was back on the fence by the end of the day. I guess they don't have a very big brain for memory storage. Our chickens are very sweet though and love to follow us around the yard. They "talk" to us when we go out in the backyard and I never knew chickens could be so loud. I know they want out of their pen so they can scratch and dig and poop and fly over the fence. Our yard looks so much better now and you don't have to watch your step as much any more. We're learning alot by being fake farmers. I hope we're not bothering our neighbors too much and just in case we are, I brought one of our neighbors some fresh eggs yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment