We had Justin's 10th birthday party at our neighborhood pool on Saturday May 3oth. His birthday is actually June 3rd but that's a Wednesday and it's hard to have a party on a Wednesday if you want everyone to be able to come. We've lived here for 9 years and this is the first time we've ever had a pool party. I usually let them choose the theme of their party (if you know me, you know I have to have a theme for every party) and this year he chose a pool party. I usually make the boys share a birthday party since their birthdays are only one month apart but since Marcus turned 13 this year he got to have a special party. I ended up letting Justin have a party too since it is his first double digit year. Alot of kids came and we had pizza and soda. None of the adults swam because it was so cold and windy but all the kids did and they seemed to have a really good time. Kids don't care, they just want to swim. I feel a little bad because I didn't go all out like I usually do. Just pizza and soda and a homemade cake. No decorations, no extra food, no goodie bags. Do the kids really care? I don't think so. I think they just want to have their friends over, eat yummy food and open presents. Mission accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment