Monday, June 9, 2014

A Year in Pictures To Get You Caught Up


I know, I know, its been almost a year since I posted. I've wanted to write on so many occasions but something is always way more important. While I didn't take on as much as last year, I was still very committed to many things and I wanted to do them well. Blogging was not a priority. I'm hoping this summer I can get into a rhythm and blog regularly. I want to write to write, to share with others and to find another way to create.

Here is a year in pictures for you... Above-my niece Sami's high school graduation. She's so beautiful and an amazing woman. It's been fun to have cousins the same age. They left for France last Monday and will be back soon. I miss my kid sooooo much. .                                                                        


Marcus turned 18 in May and we had an 80's Dance Party for him. He had a blast. So did we!

 Lizzie's bridal shower was in April. She's going to be a beautiful bride. Her shower was given by her bridesmaids and they did a great job. With the river flowing in the backyard, the huge trees that provided shade, the adorable decorations (all Pinterest inspired), the tea setting and all of the fabulous people all joined together to make a lovely setting to celebrate a lovely girl.
 These boys went to Prom in March. They both had dates and sadly, they both have since broken up with those girls. My heart is sad but I know it is part of life, especially the teenage life. They will never break up with their grandpa or each other so I'm glad I have this picture from that night.
 My mom has been gone over a year. I felt it in February at the one year mark, on her birthday, on Valentine's Day, on my birthday, on Mother's Day. I feel the loss of not having a mother and I do miss her. Those are some strange feelings for me but I'm learning to accept them and go with them.
 In January I let Breanna choose the color for her room. Of course it was a beautiful strawberry shortcake pink before with white eyelet bedding, curtains and such with all pink and white accents. I knew she had outgrown it and it was time to make a change. I love this color and I love all the accent colors she chose. I let her pick out everything and it came together well. She likes her new room and that's all that really matters. My girl is growing up and changing and I'm okay with that.
My dad has been living with us for almost two years now. We are constantly adjusting and learning how to live together and make it work. Anytime you mix three generations you will have some issues. We're all growing and learning to appreciate the small things because we have a lot of those. This picture was his sent out with his Christmas card. He does love his grandkids.

 Thanksgiving 2013. I decided to go low key and keep it simple. I didn't get out my china once again because I didn't want to wash it. Disposable almost everything. Wrap up the table and throw it away. Well, we did use real linens on the table and real silverware because who wants to eat turkey with a plastic fork, but other than that, we threw it away. It was simpler, easier and way less stress. Plus, I didn't spend the majority of the holiday in the kitchen. Win.
 In October we hosted a Halloween Harvest Hoedown and it was a blast. I managed to delegate almost everything so I wasn't stressed at all. We all had a good time and so did the other 100 people who attended.
Another year of Girl Scouts. She was a Junior this year and earned tons of badges and patches. It's always a learning experience for me and we constantly have to bring the focus back to the girls.

Well, there you have it. A year in pictures. Of course lots more has happened but those are just some of the highlights.

In all the busyness of life I am learning to enjoy it. I like the full schedule, the long to-do list, lots of responsibilities, projects, meetings, planning, creating, doing. I am also learning to slow down and stop sometimes, put everything on hold because it really can wait.

No comments: