Friday, September 19, 2008


UPDATE: Craigslist brought Bryan in contact with Mrs. Cole, who owns a ranch in Livermore. Abe (aka Betsy) will now share his roost with 40 hens! I'm sure he'll be very happy!

HOME SCHOOL ROOSTER!!! Oops, in our (my) excitement to build up our fake farm we (I) bought 6 chickens to replace our other chickens who were murdered by racoons on Mother's Day of this year. Well, one of them is a rooster or at least thinks she's a rooster. It doesn't matter if she is or not because she is so loud and my neighbors have heard her. It's a little tricky getting rid of a rooster but I took a picture of her/him and made a flyer to take to the feed store where we bought her/him. They won't take her/him back but you can post a flyer to see if anyone is interested. I've got to do something quick before animal control is called on us. Her name is Betsy after Betsy Ross but Justin now wants to call her/him Abe Lincoln. The funny thing is that she's the smallest of the chickens but she thinks she's hot stuff. She's not mean but she sure is fiesty. I wish we could keep her but I do NOT want to bother my neighbors and I'm sure it's illegal to have a rooster.

No comments: