Friday, January 22, 2010

Yay! New Red Couches! (Well, new to me)


I'm so excited!!! We were able to get a sleeper sofa, a loveseat, a chair and an ottoman on Freecylce and hence the name, they were free. The fabric is not so fabulous but what is fabulous is the deep red slipcovers that came with them. I love this color of red and I've wanted red couches for so long. It feels so rich and lovely instead of my boring old brown couches. They served a good purpose but it was looking so drab here in the living room. Brown walls, beige carpets and brown couches. It didn't feel happy at all and was quite depressing. Not anymore! The couches changed everything. Now I'm rearraning the whole downstairs and even part of the upstairs. I have so many more possibilities. The wall removal has been huge as well. It opened up my living room and dining room so much, it almost feels like a new place. Anyone who has ever had a sleeper sofa or even tried to move a sleeper sofa knows this-they are heavy! Bryan got it in the van with the help of the guy who gave them to us and Marcus and I helped him get it out of the van and into the garage. He didn't seem to happy to have to come home after commuting in a torrential downpour to move a very heavy couch. So the next day Marcus, Justin and I moved the couch into the living room. Well if you've ever been to my house you know that my kitchen is pretty small and the opening from the garage to to the living room is pretty narrow. We moved it and wedged it this way and that and finally got it in the living room. We took off the legs, we took of the door to the garage, we moved the refridgerator, we made some dents and scratches but gosh darnit we moved that thing. Justin had to climb under it and hold the sofa bed in so it wouldn't flop out every time we moved it. Marcus refused to give up even when I thought it was impossible. Together we did it and I was so proud of my boys. I love that attitude-that if things are hard and seem impossible try it a different way, keep a positive attitude, the end result is worth it. Justin helped me put the slipcovers on so they looked just right and I am very happy with the end result. I know my boys had a sense of accomplishment that day too. Life lesson-don't give up when things get hard, have a positive attitude, look at things in a different way, accept help, be grateful and if things are a little ugly, a nice red slipcover with all the wrinkles smoothed out will make it much better.

No comments: