On Monday we began our 10th year of homeschooling! I know 10 years right? You would think I have it all figured out but those darn kids keep changing and needing different things. Marcus will be in 9th grade this year. I've never taught 9th grade before but I've been in 9th grade before and I've now gone through first grade four times, second, third, fourth and fifth grade three times and well, you get the point. People always ask me, how will you teach Chemistry? Well, I'll have gone through school with all the kids so I'll be ready for Chemistry. Plus, I'm a grown up now, right? (Don't answer that) I can pick up a text book, with the teacher answer key of course, and learn Chemistry right along with the best of them. Plus, people don't understand that there is so much support out there. I can go online, there are classes, there are people who have serious experience with Chemistry just waiting for someone to ask them for help. I'm not worried and you shouldn't be either. Justin has never really been excited about school but this year he technically starts Middle School! Ooooooooh! I'm so glad he won't have to experience true middle school. No one ever says, "Ahh, Junior High, now those were the best days of my life!" Nope, never heard it and probably not gonna. He's a good kid and I know we're going to have a great year. Breanna starts 1st grade this year and she would rather paint, create and play than do worksheets and who can blame her. She loves to be read to and she's beginning to read. She has very neat handwriting and she's picked up math pretty quickly. I did use a book the other day that I had used with the boys about 5 years ago and it brought back so many memories of my early days of homeschooling. I can remember sitting in the garage since that was our schoolroom back then, with piles of dirty laundry all around me, the washer and dryer both going and reading history to the boys while they colored pictures of historical figures. Oh, and I was nursing Breanna while doing it. Here's to 10 more years of homeschooling, minus the nursing of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment