Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thankful


My mom is in the hospital again. She called me last Wednesday and asked me to come to her house. I did, she could barely speak and told me to call 911. I did, they came, and they took her to hospital in Antioch. I had Breanna with me at the time and she did amazingly well during the whole emergency room thing. I bought her a toy at the gift shop and that was all she needed, oh and some chips, she loves potato chips. She sat there in the chair while my mom moaned in pain. After several hours they determined that she had a bowel obstruction caused by a hernia and would need emergency surgery. It was very dangerous because of all of her medical conditions and her lifestyle but she came out of the surgery fine. She did need a breathing tube and was unconscious but I still had a peace about the situation. She finally woke up on Saturday and we are now on the road to recovery, it may be a long road but I'm on it with her as much as I can be. I'm thankful for the friends who call me as soon as they see the posting on Facebook, I'm thankful for the friends who offer to just come and sit at the hospital with me, take my kids to wherever they need to be, feed them, protect them, care for them. I'm thankful for home cooked meals brought to my house. I'm thankful for people who are willing and ready to pray, pray for whatever is needed. I'm thankful for my husband who supports me no matter what and is willing to pick up where I left off so our life can continue. I'm thankful that in the midst of all of the turmoil and stress my daughter teaches me that it's okay to dance, to twirl, to be happy in the small things, the things that matter, like finding joy and peace in the midst of a storm. I'm thankful.

No comments: