This was probably the best Thanksgiving I've had. I planned like never before, I worked like never before and I actually got to sit in the living room and visit before the meal..like never before. I have never been able to just sit and talk to the family before dinner because I'm always stressing out and trying to get everything done. It was beautiful, it was lovely and it was yummy. Oh the amount of butter used in this meal is probably a sin but God created butter right? So it can't be wrong. What made this Thanksgiving so special was that Aunt Eileen and Uncle John drove from Vegas to stay with us. They are the best house guests ever. So helpful, so fun, so sweet. I just love them. They brought their doggies with them and although our cats didn't enjoy their visit we did. Those doggies were so cute and man are they spoiled but in a good way. We were missing Lauren (she's in Colorado and I'm very proud of her) and like usual in order for me to deal with anything hard I add humor. We put her on a stick and took all of our normal family photos. It was fun. My adorable and fabulous neices helped me with the dishes and that made the clean up so much easier. I was not stressed once and that's how it should be. So often I rush through the day and then sit down when it's all over and realize that I never stopped to really enjoy the moment. That moment when people arrive and the kids run to greet them, that moment when the newly arrived guests see the fudge, that moment when everyone is talking and there is a constant rumble of laughter and joy in the house, that moment when we all sit down at the table, hold hands, say our prayer of thankfulness and lift our heads to the food that awaits us. I enjoyed the moments this time and it was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment