Sunday, January 16, 2011

This girl saved me.


This girl saved me. She helped me with my kids when they were very little and I will be forever grateful.

She came into our lives when Justin was a newborn. I can remember one of my first Sundays back at church after having him and she asked if she could hold him. She was only 12 at the time. I let her and the rest is history.

She has babysat, changed diapers, done laundry, done yardwork, washed cars, gone grocery shopping, painted, sanded, rearranged, cleaned my house more times than I can count and just generally saved my butt on several occasions. She was like a clone of me. I could give her a list of things to do and she would do every single one of them and do them well.

I never worried when she was watching my kids. I knew they would be watched and cared for and they loved having her here. She was here when we went to find out if our third baby was a boy or a girl. She had a gift ready for both and I know she was so happy to give me the girl present. She was here when I wanted to nest and get the house ready for Breanna. She was here when I came home from the hospital and I let her pick out Breanna's outfit. She was here for me all those days when I was so exhausted from being up all night nursing. She was here to help me, to support me and give me a break. She was here when I was at the end of my rope with the kids and all of my responsibilities. She let me find my happy place.

And now, she is having a baby herself. I can't wait to hold her little girl and spoil her and foof her up. I know she's going to be a great mommy and I have full confidence that her baby girl will be just as girly as mine.

No comments: