Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's Done

She finally said yes! I have been asking her since she could walk if she wanted her ears pierced and she has always said no. Not even a pause to think about it, just always no. IMG_9471-Before I always said that when she was ready we would get them pierced. I just didn't realize that it would take her this long to say yes. We were cleaning her room and she found an earring. She asked what it was and then I asked if she wanted her ears pierced. Expecting her to say no, she paused and said yes. We dropped everything and headed straight to the mall, picked out her earrings, and signed my life away. Then it was time to get in the chair. I could see the fear in her eyes and I had that moment of intense mommy guilt. The kind where you ask yourself what the heck am I doing? Why am I subjecting my young daughter to a sharp needle in each ear all in the name of beauty? IMG_9473-getting ready Then the lady pierced the first ear and of course there were tears. I felt so bad but I also felt like there was no turning back. The other ear was done and I tried to console her but she was hesistant. Gone are the days where she wants or needs me to hold her to make her feel instantly better. I convinced her to let me hold her and of course I promised a treat as a distraction. Like frozen milk products can make up for a permanent hole in both ears. Yes, the mommy guilt persisted. IMG_9477-pretty Of course she was fine after a few minutes and I do love seeing her with earrings. I'm so glad this day has finally come and I am so glad it's over. IMG_9476-happy again IMG_9474-all done

No comments: