Sunday, February 24, 2013

Donna Kay

My mother passed away on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 7pm, 3 days before her 68th birthday. My mother is dead. What harsh words. I don't have a mother anymore. While that is sad, she didn't hold a large place in my life, mostly by her choices but in the last several years, by my choice. I choose to surround myself with healthy, postive people, people who make good life choices and work on having healthy relationships. My mother had a hard time doing that. And while the grieving heart does play tricks on the mind, I am still aware that not much will change for me. I am sad. Sad that she's gone. Sad that she won't see any of my kids get married or having babies. Sad that she didn't know how to be a healthy person and have a healthy relationship.  
She was beautiful and amazing to other people. I wish we knew the amazing person that everyone says she was. She was stubborn, determined and full of crazy ideas. Some of those ideas actually came to fruition and I know where I get my stubborness.   I forgive her for dying. I forgive her for not taking care of herself. I forgive her for giving up. I forgive her for the bad choices she made. And while I do have regrets, I will move forward and let go of them. I will focus on the people who are still here and be the mother she probably wanted to be but didn't know how to be.

No comments: