I'm embarrassed that it has been five months since I have written. I think about writing all the time but I always find myself so far behind on so many things that I don't feel like I can sit down and write a blog. I absolutely love following blogs and I am always sad when someone stops writing regularly.
I've had to prioritize so many things and even the important things don't get done most of the time. I'm learning that saying no means saying yes to something and saying yes means saying no to something. I don't like saying no because I don't want to disappoint or let someone down but I'm also realizing that saying yes means I said no to someone else. I can't really win so I just keep going back to my priorities and making sure that my choices and decisions line up with them.
I keep reminding myself that I went into this school year two months behind and we had a major life change happen as well. My dad moved in with us in August and while it has been mostly wonderful there is no denying it has added to my responsiblities. I had them before but they were a little easier to ignore and neglect, not so anymore.
This is what I want and I am so thankful that it is the way it is. If I was to be completely honest with myself I would admit that I am completely overwhelmed, overcommitted, overscheduled and over everything. But if I was to continue to be completey honest with myself I would also admit that I love my life. I love being busy. I love having commitments, long to-do lists, huge responsiblities and people counting on me.
I am so completely and utterly blessed beyond measure. I have so much, so much abundance that I cannot contain it all. I have so many friends that I don't have enough time to see them all. I have so many ideas that I cannot do them all. I have so many projects that I cannot complete them all. I have so many places I want to go but I cannot get to them all. What a wonderful problem.
So I will continue to work towards being more organized, managing my time better, being better prepared for each day, keeping my priorities in line and constantly having a grateful heart. The last part is not so hard to do.
Here are a few highlights from the last 5 months:
Lauren and Mike's wedding in October
Marcus as King Triton in The Little Mermaid in November:
Thanksgiving at our house:
Christmas, yes, there were iPhones, more on Christmas later though:
More to come, I promise.




No comments:
Post a Comment